Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My daughter, Heidi's book review on the "Secrets of the baby whisperer".

Lately I've been reading this great book called, "Secrets of the baby whisper". *See Image above.
I can't remember where I got this book but I've had it for a long time. I think I actually started reading it before I had Braden but I never finished it. Well, I finally decided to start reading it again, and I've really enjoyed it so far. It's hard to put it down once I get started. Anyways, it's a great way to learn how to listen to your baby and really see/hear what he wants instead of you having to guess and actually force him into some bad habits etc. Or you guessing what he really is trying to tell you. In her book she doesn't say that her way is the only way, we obviously have our own choice in how to take care of our children, but she says that this is a great way to be able to meet both yours AND the baby's needs so everybody's happy. Not only for the first weeks of your baby's life but in the long run. That has definitely been a struggle that I have had in the past with my 2 older boys. Number ONE is lack of sleep. I'm hoping that with this next baby I will be able to follow Tracy's great Ideas to be able to get more sleep. She says how she tells her clients that come to her for help to take a nap during the day. I LOVE that. Sleep is so important to me. And of course ME time. So I can rejuvenate and be better at taking care of my kids.
Anyhow, I would recommend this book for some good reading and some great Ideas on how to be sane taking care of kids/baby's. Even if you don't believe entirely the way she does, she's got some good ideas. I definitely want to try her E*A*S*Y method and for sure her S*L*O*W method when the baby is born. I've had a hard time keeping with routines and such in the past, so I hope I can do it!!! I have 4 more weeks to finish her book AND to finish getting ready for another baby/child in the house! Wish me luck!

Nancy's comments: When a mother can learn to take care of her babies needs and also take care of her own needs with out neglecting her baby and with out neglecting her own needs, she has a perfect balance! I haven't read the book, but from what Heidi has told me, this book can help mother fulfill nurturing her baby and having time with her husband!

No comments: