Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Mother-in-law, EVA Bentley's way of staying healthy during her pregnancy!

My main method was to take vitamins, before, during, and after a pregnancy--in other words, all the time! I had a problem with anemia, and I always had to take iron pills whether pregnant or not. I was way too tired to walk--but I did some housework and some cooking. I had made a promise to myself when I was young, that I would NEVER let dirty clothes pile up like my Mom did. She did the best she could--I just mention it to show why I made such a promise to myself. Another problem is when clean clothes are not put away, and they get down and get dirty again without being used. I did not allow that to happen. I didn't make the beds, sweep the floors, or dust the furniture--but I took care of the washing. That was as close as I got to walking. I admire those of you who exercise and walk, but I didn't think of doing that. I have great and awesome daughters-in-law though! Love, Mom

Nancy's comments: I think it is a good away to keep active! Eva used her energy wisely by keeping the house clean and doing laundry! She found a way to burn the calories and keep active and keep her house looking nice!

2 comments:

Heidi Mecham said...

This is a great blog. Great Idea momma. It's fun to hear all the different ways of keeping in shape and to hear other peoples experiences with pregnancy etc.

I find that just playing with my two ACTIVE boys and helping them is enough exercise for me, during this pregnancy, along with keeping up with the house work. It's very tiring! Especially when it's too hard to bend down and pick up toys and things off the floors. I don't know how most of you had as many children as you did, it's tough on going work!

Celeste said...

I love this new sight! I also want all young women to know how wonderful and important it is to be a mother. I think education is very important too, but getting it shouldn't stop women from having children. Pregnancy is so amazing! I'm not saying it is easy, but it is so worth it. I loved feeling life, knowing I was helping it grow.

I also think exercise is important and can help you have more energy. Doing housework is a great way to exercise! I get to go to my church three days a week for a class with volunteer teachers. It's great!

I have 4 children and know that is the right number for me, but I am so glad that people don't stop having children because the world things it's too many. Like Nancy and my sister Christine. I love all of their children and can't imagine life with out even one of them.

I look forward to reading more on this blog!