Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here are some comments from the 2nd blog!

Blogger megandjon said...

i love this nancy! i was very gung ho to have a natural birth, but i went to the hospital, and ended up with the medical nightmare instead. next time i think i'm going to gather all my courage and faith and have it at home! i'll definitely be reading your blog!

and there's nothing wrong with being a treehugger ;)

January 5, 2009 6:34 PM
Delete
Blogger Bentley Bunch said...

I have had eight babies, all in the hospital and I loved it! Knowing there was medical back up in seconds helped to releave much stress. I was allowed to have my babies my way. Without medication, without restraints or IV's. With some of them I had a midwife that worked with an OBGYN. Each doctor was very co-operative. Even at age 41 with my last baby my male OBGYN was very supportive and listened to me. For one thing, he knew I knew my body by that time. Children were encouraged to be there with us. I choose not to have my children there with the exception of my last baby. We invited our two oldest daughters, ages 20 and 18 to be there for her birth. That was a special occasion for all of us. I believe that doctors, nurses and hospitals have come a long way in providing both a comfortable, clean, safe environment with medical back up, if needed, readily available. Having that back up has saved the life of one of my grandsons, who would not be alive today without it.

I think this blog is wonderful and I support Nancy very much and love and admire her very much. I have known her for 34 years. She was one of my best friends and is still one of my best friends. I hope I can continue to learn also, for babies, nursing and raising children is the center of my life also. I loved it!!!

January 5, 2009 7:55 PM
Delete
Blogger Healthy Births and Healthy foods healthy living! said...

Thanks for your comments! I really agree with you, Hospital birth are great! I had 10 in the hospital; and was glad they let me have the baby my way, what a blessing! My male Doctors and nurses were so serviceable! My midwives in the hospital were great too! Any way women want to have their baby is great! Because it is her way!

January 5, 2009 8:28 PM
Delete
Blogger Healthy Births and Healthy foods healthy living! said...

Megan I am sorry that you had a a bad experience in having your baby at the hospital! I do think that for many first birth they can be traumatic for many women, because they didn't know what to expect! I think you will have a better experience with your next birth because you will know what to expect next time.

Working on any fears that women have about birth will also help in giving birth! Women can be in charge of how they want to DELIVER their babies in the hospital and at home! We need to remember it is the mother delivering the baby. The doctor and midwifes are the ones assisting!

January 5, 2009 10:04 PM
Delete
Blogger zdh621 said...

I had 5 babies in the hospital and loved it. I had them all natural. I also feel it is an individual choice to where and how we each have our children. I love and admire my sister Nancy. She has an amazing family and I love them all very much. I respect the choices she has made. I love this blog. Thank You!!!! Denise

No comments: